Weighing the pros and cons of having your property staged? If you’re still skeptical of the benefits, check out these home staging statistics based on surveys conducted by reputable real estate companies. Clearly, home staging is worth it.
The Impact on Buyers
Home staging works because it considers the wants and needs of buyers and taps into their emotions when searching for a home.
- Realtors who work with buyers say most buyers are willing to offer more money for a staged home compared to one that is similar but not staged.
- 81% of buyers say home staging makes it easier to visualize the property as their future home.
- 45% of buyers say it will positively impact the value of the home if it is decorated to the buyer’s tastes.
- Among REALTORS® who typically represent the buyer, 49% report most buyers are affected by home staging.
Staged Homes Sell Faster
To sell your home faster, it must stand out from the competition and create a strong first impression.
- A survey by Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. found that staged homes spend half the time on the market than non-staged homes.
- The National Association of Realtors (NAR) survey found that the longer homes stay on the market, the further their price drops.
- Once staged, homes spend an average of 73% less time on the market.
Home Staging Increases the Perceived Value
Home staging is all about showing your home in its best possible light.
- Buyers are willing to spend 1% to 5% more of the dollar value on a staged home than a non-staged home.
- A survey by Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. found that staged homes sell for more than 6% above the asking price.
The proof is clearly in the pudding — er, the numbers.