The proof is in the pudding, so to speak, when it comes to staging a home before putting it on the market. After gathering statistics from the experiences and expertise of over 900 top real estate agents across the country who are experts in selling real estate, HomeLight compiled a list of 10+ statistics that confirm the benefits of home staging.
The agents were identified by HomeLight for consistently outperforming their peers using indicators like transaction volume, speed of sale, average selling price, and client satisfaction. Many of the survey participants have their own staging certifications or work with home stagers in the markets. Based on their feedback, the following are 15 facts about home staging you probably didn’t know!
Here’s what agents had to say about the value of staging a home:
- 67% of top agents say that home staging helps a seller fetch more money for their house at resale.
- Over 50% say that staging increases a home’s value from anywhere between 1%-10%.
- Another 25% believe that staging doesn’t increase a property’s sale price, but helps attract buyers to the home and secure an offer. The more buyers you have bidding on your house, the more leverage you have as a seller.
- 92% of top agents find home staging to be beneficial toward selling the property in general.
Do staged homes sell faster?
- 83% of agents say that a staged home will sell faster than an unstaged home.
- Over 21% of agents (the largest grouping) said staged homes sell 6% to 10% faster. Note that depending on market conditions, the average home sells in 65 days. So, staging can help sell a home 4 to 7 days faster—it can shave off an entire week of time.
7. In general, 47% of real estate agents recommend staging both vacant and occupied homes.
- Over 41% of top agents find that vacant homes benefit the most from home staging, which brings personality and life to an empty property.
You don’t have to spend tons of money on home staging
Only 30% of the agents HomeLight surveyed said that their seller clients spend more than $1,000 on home staging costs.
So, if you’re wondering how much you need to spend, know that a little goes a long way.
- 50% of sellers who pay for home staging spend less than $1,000.
- More than 14% of sellers didn’t spend anything at all. (Curious how that works? Check out HomeLight’s big list of DIY home staging ideas.
- About 75% of real estate agents have provided complimentary home staging services to their seller clients.
Ready to work with Jeanne to stage your next property? Contact her today!